Thursday, April 26, 2012

What would Cause an ATI Radeon Video Card to have to do a VPU Recovery?!?

Ever since this Spring, I get VPu Recovery's every 5 minutes of Playing ANY Game on my PC. I even baught a New $140 Video Card last weekend just to Try and solve the Problem. But the NEW one has the Same Problem, just Runs Faster! :P



What would Cause my Video Card to do a 'VPU Recovery', or Lock-up during Game Play?!?



I am Trying to Narrow this down, so I can Solve my Problem.



Any Idea's, or Real Advice would be Much Appriciated!! ;)



Here are my PC Specs:



PSU: Rosewill 500W

MotherBoard: Foxconn 755A01-6EKRS

CPU: AMD Athlon 64 3400+ ClawHammer, Socket 754, 1MB Cache

RAM: 1.5GB, PC3200

HDD: 36GB WD Raptor (Primary)

HDD: 500GB WD Caviar (Secondary)

Video Card: Radeon HD 3850 AGP, with ZeroTherm HeatPipe-Sink & Fan



I am Running the Omega Drivers.

NorthBridge runs at 114ºF at Idle, and above 125ºF with a Load.

This Conserns me, and I don't know where I can get a Better NorthBridge Heat-Sink, that uses the Old-Type Hook-Clips.|||Try this http://www.flexbeta.net/forums/index.php… . Read the entire thread.

No comments:

Post a Comment