Friday, April 27, 2012

Problem with Radeon video card?

When I try to run programs that require a decent graphics card, I.E. games, my computer blinks and sometimes freezes and recovers. I get messages on my taskbar that say something similar to "Driver ATP Radeon has stopped responding and has been successfully recovered"



Does this mean that I burnt out my video card? What do I do to resolve this matter!



It started doing it when I installed new RAM, so maybe that's the problem?|||Are you overclocking your video card?

Because w/ new ram your card may not opperate at the same speeds it did before.

Example: I had Radeon 4870 w/ 800Mhz RAM and my card the GPU could run at speeds of 850 Mhz and 1150 Mhz on the ram.

Upgraded to 1200 Mhz RAM and now my card will only run steady @ 800 Mhz (GPU) and 1000 Mhz (mem).

So you may have to clock down oyur card some.|||Update drivers.



Also, make sure you didn't knock the external power connector off of the card.

Also, try reseating the card in the slot.

No comments:

Post a Comment