Thursday, April 26, 2012

Does changing the video card in a Dell Latitude C640 laptop require you to remove all components?

I have recently purchased a Dell Latitude C640 Laptop, however it only came with a 16mb ATI Mobility Radeon video card. I have found a 32mb video card on eBay, but my friend told me that in order to change them, you have to take everything apart and it's not worth it. Here is the link to the video card. http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View…

Also, I am upgrading to 32mb from 16mb, is this even worth it? Thanks alot!|||I would bet you would have to take it apart and put it back together again.|||You would have to at least take it down to the system board, which is not that hard less then 15 mins. I do not believe you have to take the system board out, but might be better to work with if out.



I take these apart all the time no problems at all just be carefull and take your time.



as for upgrading I would only do it if you hav games that will not run unless you upgrade.

No comments:

Post a Comment