Thursday, April 26, 2012

I'm Having Radeon Video Card Trouble?

So. I'm having a problem with my Radeon HD 6770 video card. I installed it into my Computer correctly. (Put it in the motherboard, and plugged in external power like it said to.) But when I have the external power plugged in, my PC won't start. When I don't have external power plugged in, it will start, but the video won't work because it needs external power. The video card says that it needs 450 watts, and my PSU is a 500 watt, so that can't be the problem. I used to have nVidia installed graphics drivers on my PC. Not an actual video card, but ones that come with the computer and are like "installed/downloaded" sort to speak. So, do you know what the problem could be? Thanks!|||Happy New Year Kiwiman.

It is only because of the power supply, see if your power supply is 80+ certified or not.Having a 500W power supply does not mean that you are going to have 500W of output,

nothing is 100% efficient.



Here is the link to a power supply calculator, you need to round off the figures to get the amount of power you will need for example 380 rounds up to 400.



http://extreme.outervision.com/psucalcul…



One more thing don't go for cheap power supplies get one which is 80+ certified.

No comments:

Post a Comment