Thursday, April 26, 2012

Can I use a certain Radeon video card and AMD processors with my motherboard?

Ok, here's the deal I never paid attention to what sort of motherboard I have until now, since I want to get rid of my old 8800 GT (Nvidia) video card and my piece of crap Phenom 9600 processor. The Nvidia has served me well throughout its life but now I want to get a Radeon HD 5850 video card and a Intel Core i7-860 Processor. My motherboard is an HT2000 motherboard (not really sure about anything else) with the PCI express card slot and stuff. Not really sure about the chipset but if it helps I bought my computer from Gateway (Its an FX7020) as one of those pre-built gaming computers (I wasn't gonna build my own just yet). Also I do not know if I have an adequate power supply for what I want to do, but hopefully someone can find out what PSU this piece of crap came with since I cannot figure this out. Thank you, and only informed responses please|||Because you had an AMD processor, then you have an AMD motherboard. You'll have to get a new motherboard that supports Core i7's and that also has a PCI-e slot, which it would be almost impossible to find one without it.



So if you think you're ready to start building computers, this is an opportunity to start! send me a message if you have more questions and I'll help you through the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment